Trigonometry

Trigonometry


So, I'm a 16-year-old taking trigonometry and discrete mathematics at my School Authpur National Model Higher Secondary School this year, in addition to my other general classrooms. I started in restorative arithmetic a year ago, and I've noticed that I enjoy math more than I could have imagined (I've read Polya's How to Solve It, and bought Newman's World of Mathematics, which I gradually slog through on occasion...not sure if I still understand almost everything, but it's ok, I like the historical context of it all after all).



Pre-calculus is going well; up to this point, I've received an A+. I can see how the difficulties are being stated in general. Also, whenever I'm bored, it's kind of nice to explore some new ideas and read about calculus:p.



Trigonometry appears to be a separate creature to me... I now have a solid B in it, that I would be fine with if I could see some sort of reason behind what was being taught, or if I had the impression that the knowledge was being maintained in me. For the most part, I can see where to get answers, and the book does provide some real-life examples, but there just seems to be so much to memorise! There are a plethora of Identities from which I can derive some... Many, on the other hand, necessitate rote memorization.



I've read what's on better and frequently visit the Best School in Barrackpore.


I honestly have no idea what I'm trying to communicate. Trigonometry, for whatever reason, does not appear to be as natural as anything else. I'm hoping to develop a deeper knowledge of it over time. I intend to major in math or something similarly math-intensive, so I feel horrible that I'm having such a hard time seeing trig in such a perplexing way, given that it's such a humble form of arithmetic.


I'm not going to give up any time soon >:). In fact, I should definitely be slamming some problems and making them my cunts right now.


Anybody ever felt like this and overcame it? Do you have any thoughts on what I should do? Any kind of incentive would be fantastic! I'd be interested in hearing about some of your life experiences:).



Trigonometry will come in handy more than anything else you learnt in pre-calculus. Precalc gave me a refresher in algebra, and the trig identities and reductions formulae came in helpful when I went to calculus. The majority of your calculus difficulties will come from trigonometry.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Authpur National Model Higher Secondary School

IMPORTANCE OF EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES

How can India's health care system be prepared to protect children from the third wave of Covid-19?